"Using dance a vehicle to tell stories
843-441-8803 www.mufukaworks.wixsite.com/mufukaworks www.cafepress.com/mufukaworks



Friday, November 9, 2012

Getting There

Dear Readers,

As the dance education and performance director of this company, MufukaWorks, it is so wonderful to be doing my purpose in life.  I have stop searching and arrived in my purpose. However, it is hard for me to know joy comes with every aspect of this company while still knowing that I have to find other ways to support myself.  I love teaching, creating works, and all the administration work but reality hits me at times.  Until MufukaWorks grows, I do have to find ways to support myself.  All in all, I know God is moving in my life and he gives me joy just to let me know.  His still here.  He gave me that joy yesterday.

I had come into teaching class at the recreation center.  I had come early like always and some of my students already there.  They were warming up because they know class starts at 6:15pm.  So, they must be there at no later than 6pm to be ready to begin at 6:15pm.  Well, they were there at 5:30pm with me.  That's joy!

At 6:15pm, I had begun class.  I did a warm-up and went straight into choreography.  This work is the opening of the students for the MufukaWorks An Afro Russe Production "Invisible"  so it needs to be choreographed first.  I worked them hard yesterday but they were up for the challenge.  We did finish this choreography work yesterday.  That's joy!

I had my challenges building this company.  I prayed for the Lord by December to have 10 students.  I remember teaching two students for 3 months.  I had to reevaluate my company.  Yes! I was giving the role as the dance education and performance director of the company but the founder was God. His the founder and he runs this company.  I gave away that power.  That's joy!

As he as founder, I let it go completely.  I had my consistent students and he blessed me with 11 students.  We are only in November and these students will grace the stage with God's show. 

I know the power of the Lord.  With all the other aspects of my life, I know that its getting there.  I am exactly where I need to be.  I know my purpose in life and he will bless me to live fully in it one day.  Until now, I believe that his preparing me for the destiny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment