"Using dance a vehicle to tell stories
843-441-8803 www.mufukaworks.wixsite.com/mufukaworks www.cafepress.com/mufukaworks



Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Almost There

We are almost there till performance day.  I remember when I started my second branch in Charlotte, NC. It was not easy.  I started off with no one in the first class. It than built up to two, three, and five but here and there.  Every dancer was dedicated but it just was not coming together.  So, I prayed about it. God told me to be still. I stopped the class for three months and re-opened the registration for the Fall Term.

This was very difficult for me because I have never stopped teaching.  As I grow in my faith, I realize even when I do not know the direction.  I follow God.  In me being still, I was reminded that God is the head of MufukaWorks Dance Company not me.  So, I was still.

In those three months, I was in prayer.  I always had the company on my mind but I continued on being still.  In my stillness, it was coming to me.  The "it" was a reminder on why I started.  My moral needed a boost.  I got my boost.  I barely even advertised at all.  I just made a poster and hung it up a few places.  I meant a drummer that was reliable.   I listened to music.  I took dance classes myself.  I remembered why I started.

When the Fall term came, I was ready and God brought the students.  Now, I have eleven students and I could not ask for a better class.  They all are excited to come to class and they work hard.  They have worked hard for this performance.

We have finished half the choreography and it has been so much fun.  I usually stress out at this time but I have done this too long to know in the end...It works all out and we are almost there.

Can't wait for MufukaWorks presents Afro Russe Dance Production on Friday November 16 at 7pm. 5027 N. Idlewild Rd Charlotte, NC.   

No comments:

Post a Comment