"Using dance a vehicle to tell stories
843-441-8803 www.mufukaworks.wixsite.com/mufukaworks www.cafepress.com/mufukaworks



Sunday, May 20, 2012

Alvin Ailey Dance Theater

This weekend, I could not be more than happy to be a dancer.  About 15 years ago, I saw Ailey II in Beaufort, SC.  I was only about 13 years old.  It was by watching them that I decided to be dancer.   I did just that I went to college and travelled all over to dance.  Now, I have seen Alvin Ailey first company once again and they were amazing.  They planted a seed in me a long time ago and I took that leap.  To my dance students, follow your dreams always. 

The details of my weekend was seeing the Alvin Ailey performance at the Blumenthal Performing Arts and taking a Master Class at the Harvey B. Gantt. It was only a reminder to me to keep doing what I am doing. 

Great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment